Wednesday, December 9, 2009

EASY AND FREE X-MAS ARRANGEMENT

What do you do when your in the midst of a wind whipping blizzard?? I decided to put together this pretty planter. It was easy and required nothing that I couldn't find around the house or out in the yard. Goodness knows I would never venture out in this weather!!
I simply tucked a piece of foam in the bottom of this urn. I gathered various pine and boxwood from the yard and started tucking them in place. I had some dried hydrangeas left from this summer and nestled them in here and there. Voila....
I love it...and it makes me smile and I like to stick my nose in it and smell all it's freshness!
The kids had a snow day today and it looks like they'll be home again tomorrow!! Hope everyone is staying warm!
Jen


9 comments:

Ellie Mae's Cottage said...

Great job! This is beautiful! I love the hydrangea in it.

Tracey said...

That's lovely Jen. Please send me some snow...! XXX

~ RM said...

Oh, that's so wonderfully festive! I need to go scout out some free branches at Lowe's or home depot- You are so lucky to be able to find this stuff in your own yard!! :)

Odette said...

is it an abnormal weather? seems like winter comes too early, no?
indeed such a pleasant sight can keep you warm... another one you have successfully pulled from your magic wand!
xoxoxoxo

Theresa said...

Jen, I can almost smell it from Georgia! What a great idea, will have to copy that. I have cedar trees all through my property and beautiful bushes with red berries! Have a blessed day!

Mieke said...

You made a beautiful bouquet. I like the other decorations in your house too, and what a great idea to use salt in your candle holder !

Susie said...

You're so clever Jen! The arrangement is lovely.

♥Georgie♥ said...

That is beautiful!
stay warm it's brrrrrrr outside

Carol said...

Very pretty.