Friday, January 1, 2010

NEW YEAR NEW PROJECTS

Well, it's a brand new year!! A Brand new year always means a brand new list of projects that I would like to accomplish around the house. Projects done on the cheap of course!! Our home is for sale, but that certainly doesn't stop my mind from dreaming up things I could do to add some much needed character!! First on my list is to add some decorative trim work to the walls in our living room.

I'm picturing something like this, but with soft blue walls like the beautiful bedroom below. Isn't this bedroom beautiful!!!

I like the beaded board in this room, but I think I'm leaning more toward the board and batten look.
This is my favorite photo so far and I think this is exactly the look I want, but I want the paneling to be higher...possibly three quarters of the way up the wall.

It adds so much character and warmth to a room!!!
So many possibilities! Now if I could only make up my mind!


Second on my list is our laundry/mud room. It's a teeny tiny space and it's completely visible from our kitchen. We have new front loaders that are very attractive, but I still don't want to have to look at them all the time.

I would like to add a counter top over them and then skirt the front of them with a cute and frilly fabric.


MMMM...I'd love to have a laundry room as big as this one!!



I love this shabby green cabinet!! I wish my laundry cabinet was as organized as that. It definitely inspires me to make organization number three on my list of New Years projects!



This is my favorite inspiration photo. It almost looks like they used and old table to top the washer and dryer, or maybe they just added the legs??? I love it and I love the cute little curtains. Definitely the look I'm going for.



I had also thought about bi fold doors like the ones pictured below, but I think I'm definitely stuck on the cute little curtains!


Now if only I could muster up some motivation!! These extra pounds packed on during the holidays and this cold weather have put me in hibernation mode!!!
Hope everyones New Year is off to a great start!!!






13 comments:

Unknown said...

Love your inspiration photos! I have so many ideas I don't know where to start!

Tracey said...

Lovely ideas! Good luck with them xxx

Theresa said...

Well, you sure have got a lot of inspiration. So... organization is huge on my list this year. I have started doing some re-decorating just by moving things from one room to another. Makes it look a little different. Have fun with your day whatever you do!

bubble said...

great ideas...love all those pics!!

happy new year Jen! xx

June said...

You have certainly inspired me with this beautiful post. I love the laundry room with the shabby green cabinet too. Actually I love all the laundry rooms in this post my friend.
hugs

Arts and Herbs said...

A blessed and a happy New Year to you and your loved ones !

Debra Howard said...

Workin on my laundry room too. Ordered the pretty red ones. Plan to put a black piece of granite over the top so I can use it as a serving space since we have to go through this space to the big dining room.
Debbie

Diane Mars said...

I think we all have some New Years home improvement projects. And a to do list. I do love all your inspiration pictures. Good Luck and Happy New Year. Hugs, Diane

Elise said...

LOVE all those pictures!! Loads of inspiration!! I am in the mood to do stuff here at my house, too.
Elise

Susie said...

Jen as creative as you are you can whip out some of those ideas in no time flat.

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Wonderful EYE CANDY...I'm sure you will do an awesome job in your home...I will checking in on you...I'm adding you to my Favorite blog list (sidebar). Hope you have a great week and try to stay warm with all this COLD COLD weather!

Blessings,
Linda

Jenni said...

Hi there Jen! I am loving ALL of these ideas, and I think it's the third picture you showed~ the one you said had the look you were going for~ the best as well! Have you seen how someone on another blog~ I can't remember which one~ did board and batten with only strips of board and regular wall in between them instead of wood? This cut down the cost exceedingly and you cannot tell unless you touch the wall from what I heard! :) I like your idea of having it up higher too. I put the bead board up higher on our kitchen wall than we did in our bath, and I like the way it looks SO much better. It adds visual height to the room! Are your ceilings higher than normal or the typical height? Ours are 83 inches or so, but sometimes I imagine grand tall ceilings...

I also like the pictures of laundry rooms you showed! They look amazing, and I love your idea
of putting a counter top over your W&D and skirting it! It sounds wonderful! :)

Can't wait to see what you do, and I am with you with the whole hibernation thing! It is so hard to get motivated this week! :) I hope you are having a great week!

sattakingplaybazaar said...

The issue is, this one puff prompts one entire cigarette, and afterward to one entire pack.
play bazaar
play bazaar