Sunday, January 10, 2010

SUNDAY SEWING

It was a quiet day here today. I made a great big pot of venison stew and let it simmer in the crock pot all day. I used our home grown potatoes(still two tubs left stored in the root cellar), our home grown onions(best and sweetest onions I have ever had!), the last of the garden carrots and venison brought home by our oldest a couple months ago. The house smelled so wonderful! Santa brought the girl her very own mp3 player for Christmas. She wanted it to have a case for safe keeping, but there was nothing to suit her fancy at the store. I told her if she could find some scrap fabric that she liked in my fabric/JUNK closet I could whip one up for her in no time.
She chose polka dots and at my middle sons request, I added a pocket in the front for her ear buds. Out of pure laziness I hot glued the little ribbon and little pink tassel to the front. It will hold...that's why hot glue is my best friend!

Anyway, in the end she loved it and will be taking orders from all her little girl friends!
Hope you all had a peaceful and relaxing Sunday as well. Back to the ole grind tomorrow!
Jen


10 comments:

~ Regan said...

OH that is too cute. Great idea with the ear bud pocket- I always lose those darn things!! This is a great idea~ one to put on my project list for sure!

Tracey said...

That's really lovely.
I'm still wheezing & squeaking but feel much better....thanks for asking!! xxx

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Soooo CUTE...LOVE the choice of fabric! Hope you have a FUN and WARM week!

Blessings,
Linda

Jenni said...

The little case is SO cute! :) You could even put these on your Etsy store, they would go in a flash, I bet! :)

Have a good night! :)

Karen said...

Girl! You'll make a fortune! :)
Thanks for sharing!

Theresa said...

Too cute! You are really talented to whip that little case up out of scaps:) Love it! Have a blessed day!

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

That is so cute and your venison stew sounds fantastic.

FlowerLady

bubble said...

Thats sweet! My girl wants a ipod for her birthday this year...technology!! love the idea of homegrown veg...I really must get Steven out there digging a veggie patch this year!! xxx

Tracey said...

I have tagged you...xxx!

sattakingplaybazaar said...

Individuals who are attempting to stop smoking accept that it won't hurt them to have one puff of a cigarette. play bazaar

Play bazaar
satta king