Thursday, September 10, 2009

A VINTAGE SILVERWARE FRAME

I thought I'd share with you a fun project that I made today and of course....it involves my glue gun!!While thrifting the other day I picked up some mismatched vintage silverware. Not sure what I would do with it, I decided to try this. Those are my sisters just in case you were wondering and yes that is my disgusting glue gun!! The only one I have ever owned and I looooove it!!
It's pretty simple, just arrange your silver which ever way your heart desires and glue it on. Easy peasy !And this is what you get.

I played with mine a bit, trying different things.
My Great Grandfathers pocket watch looked so sweet hung from a ribbon smack dab in the center.mmmmm...and this Bunny?? Naaa. I think I'll stick with my sisters!!Thank goodness tomorrow is Friday!! Hope everybody has a great weekend!!
Jen




12 comments:

~ Regan said...

Such a cute idea! Love the picture, too. I use my gluegun all the time, I got one at the dollar store and have used it for about 3-4 years!

Angie said...

Love this project! I am adding it to my very long list!

Tracey said...

As usual you are full of great ideas dear Jen! My glue gun looks worse than that.....do you swear when it burns you? Ok that's just me then....! XXX

Cal said...

Fab Fab Fab!!! And now my shin is full of bruises, cos everytime I see something like this I can't believe all the vintage stuff we got rid of in the last 5 years while following the craze for 'Decluttering'. You are so creative and thanks for sharing. xx

Heather Lee said...

This is so simple and so GREAT! "I can do that", she thinks to herself as she realizes she doesn't have any antique silverware, old picutes or a frame. "Time to got Garage Saling!"

I'm celebrating my 1 Year Anniversary on Etsy with a GIVEAWAY on my Blog. I would love it if you stopped in to check it out!

Theresa said...

Cute idea, you're so crafty! Have a blessed day!

Dogwood said...

Creative, lovely and unusual. I love the silver against the black.
Precious photo.

Claudia said...

Adorable, Jen! What a fabulous idea!

Susie said...

Jen what a cute idea that is. I love how simple it looks to do. I'm all for easy. I may have to try this.
Have a great weekend!

Arts and Herbs said...

What a great idea ! I have some old unused silverware like that, will have to try this too.

Dena said...

Jen, that is such a cute idea!!!! I am eyeing my collection of vintage spoons....Have a wonderful Sunday :)

Hugs,
Dena

sattakingplaybazaar said...

satta king
play bazaar
Drink a decent measure of natural product juice for the principal week when you're attempting to stop smoking.