Tuesday, March 31, 2009

LOTS OF BLUE JUST FOR YOU

This room looks so homey to me. Very cozy. I can picture the kids ploppin down on the sofa and smacking each other upside the head with the cute little pillows.



This bedroom makes me want to take a nap. What could be more soothing than blue and white??




Daisies in a blue vase...makes me long for summer.



Not so sure I could live with a blue sofa...but in looks lovely in this room.


This looks like the guest bedroom at Grandmothers house. Love that shelf!



I love all the different shades in this room...and the green accents.




Who wouldn't love to have breakfast at this bright and cheery table???






Love these buffalo check chairs. I think this blue might be brighter than my blue kitchen.


Love this bedroom!! So simple, no clutter!




~Photos..Cottage Living~



That's all folks. I have been digging through my inspiration file and thought I'd share some photos. Sorry that they are so small, but I think you get the idea. Not much new here. Hubby and I made a trip to Lowes today while the kids were in school. I picked out a new track light for the kitchen to replace the horrible eye sore that currently resides there. After Lowes, we stopped for pizza. Now that's my kinda date!!


Hope everyone is having a great week!!


Jen

15 comments:

Tracey said...

You really are into blue now! It is lovely though, if all goes well with my new house, It has a large sun room and blue would look nice there! Great date with your hubby! I wouldn't have got anything!!!!!
Love Tracey x x x

jen said...

I'm so excited for you!! I have always wanted a sunroom...that and a big front porch!

I'm looking forward to seeing more of this new house of yours. I'm sure it will be nice to be closer to Amy and those cute Grand babies!!

I'm so happy that I am able to leave comments for you again!!

Off to bed!! I have to be up in five hours with the oldest boy. He gets on the bus before sun up. Blahhh.

Jen

Tracey said...

I'd read this on here anyway! Odette has real trouble at home..........
nite nite Jen, sleep tight! xxx

Odette Bautista Mikolai said...

hi jen,
iam glad you are able to leave a comment now. thanks to amy for teaching me how to do it.
love those inspiration pics you have posted, although i wish they were bigger, hahaha.

Michelle, All Home and Love said...

Loving all the blue! I currently have about 10 paint swatches taped to my living room walls trying to pick a grey-blue. Loving these inspiration pics!
~Michelle

Susie said...

What a great idea to keep a file of all your favorites. Sounds like you and hubbie had a great time together. You sound like me and my hubbie. "Let's go to Lowes and then out to eat"! Yay!!!

Unknown said...

Very neat pictures! I like blue, too. I have a lot in my house and some of my collections (coffee pots) are solid blue. Thanks for sharing!
Nancy

bubble said...

i never dare do anything blue, only in my sons bedroom, but i love it and the pics are great! xxx

Cottage Rose said...

Hi Jen
Some of those rooms are so me, the cluttered ones that is.
Had a quick read of some previous posts, laffed at the glued on plates on the wall and thought how brave you were using power tools. Loved that lil rabbit , nearly as much as I like your roosters.
Rose

Angie said...

I love blue, but the only place I have it in my house is in my son's room. Those pics are so fresh and pretty! Your dining area with the blue and new chair rail looks beautiful!!!

Jenni said...

These are beautiful pictures! :) And they are definitely inspiring! Blue is a very soothing color! :)

My husband and I always joke about how it seems that most every one of our date nights includes a trip to Lowe's! I love that place! :)

I hope you have a good night! :)

Miss Gracie's House said...

Blue is such a cheery color-everything is soo cute! Good job on the chair rail-you're a brave gal to use the power tools:)
Rene'

English Cottage in Georgia said...

What beautiful blue rooms. I really think that I need to add more rooms to this house to have all the color combos that I see - then want :-)

Sit A Spell said...

Glad you came by to Sit a spell, so i could find you! Love your blog, however, todays post made me sad...because, that's my fav mag and it is no longer...sob and sigh!

Great job on that chair rail; do you still have all your fingers?

I read all the way down to where you HOT glued the plate onto the WALL...lol...I love it!

Sit A Spell said...

OH...saw you like barns...check out my post on some barns I saw in Kentucky! Ya gotta scroll down a bit though.

Shell