Tuesday, March 10, 2009

TOUCHES OF SPRING AND A FEW GOODIES

I can finally smell spring in the air!! It's been a great day today. I had a couple of girlfriends over for our weekly coffee date. It's always a relaxing and nice stress reliever to chat with the girls!!
Things are very stressful for so many of us these days with the economy falling apart.


The kids did the chalk board up pretty for me just in time for coffee.

I couldn't pass up the pink primrose. Bright and cheery isn't it...and yes the bunnies are slowly moving in and taking over. Bunnies are a sure sign of spring!!


I picked up this cute little blue bird for only $1.50. Isn't he soo sweet.



And if you have a little blue bird I think you should have a little yellow finch tooo. Right ladies??




More bunnies in blue.....






Here's todays goodies. While grocery shopping at our local Meijer I picked up this pretty blue container for the bathroom. It was marked down from $10 to $1. Now I have a great place to keep Q-tips and such. And of course I couldn't forget to pick up this months issue of Country Living.






Well, for only $1 I thought I might as well pick up a couple more. I picked up this white one for the black and white bath....and the robins egg blue soap dispenser to hold my dish soap in the kitchen.






Sooo...that's what's up in my neck of the woods. Hope things are springy in your neck of the woods!!!
Jen









10 comments:

Janene said...

WoW Jen!
You did get a deal on those ceramic items!
Doesn't that just make your day?!
I love the rabbits, a sure sign that Spring is indeed on its way!

Unknown said...

Your home looks so springy! I haven't done much yet, probably because it doesn't feel like spring. Hopefully soon!

Odette Bautista Mikolai said...

such wonderful item...it sure does give the room a character.
i like that you had chosen the white ceramic. great find!

cherry said...

Wow Love your blog..we have similiar tastes. Love the touches of Spring. cherry

Susie said...

Well maybe Ms. Spring is showing her face a lot outside your pretty home but she definitely is inside. I love all your little springy ideas. And what great buys you got on those cute containers. Love those great buys!

philben5 said...

How fun to find another Nebraska decorating on a budget and lovin every minute of it blogger. Love the ceramic pieces! Thanks for stopping by and love your blog.
Blessings
Roxanne

niartist said...

Jen, love the new additions and spring time vignettes, especially the bird and nest under the cloche. Love those at spring time! I can't wait to see blooms in the yard ... I've had my fingers crossed so long for spring, they're turning blue! :) Thanks for sharing!

Terri said...

I remain amazed by your decorating flair! :)

Rechelle ~Walnuthaven Cottage~ said...

What great little holders for your essentials...and a buck?! Wow! Great buy.
How great to have a weekly coffee date. Do you host it at your home or do you all take turns :0)
It's sping=ish here. We're having partly sunny days but it's still cool with temps in the 60s. Next week Spring looks to hit hard with temps going into the 70s and 80s. I can't wait!
Enjoy your day!

Denise said...

Love the ceramic pieces, I need that soap dispenser!

Have a great day, Denise