Monday, January 19, 2009

Adorable daisies and random pics

Happy Monday everyone!!
I found this adorable picture at Goodwill. I am always drawn to pics of horses, dogs etc.

I picked up these cute, little juice glasses from Goodwill yesterday. I love the daisies!! They also had a great breakfast table that I was tempted to buy too. It had two little drawers, one on each side with little glass pulls. It was marked $30 and I just couldn't pay it!! It's eatin me up though and I am so tempted to go back and get it.


I bought this topiary a couple years after hubby and I were married.

I have yet to start my Valentine decorating. I suppose the chalkboard is Valentine ready!!



This is hubbies bed side table. Real masculine don't ya think?? LOL





Old books picked up from a garage sale last summer. They sit atop my mantel. My fireplace brick and mantel recently got a much needed make over.





You can see a wee bit in these photos, but I'll do a post on the whole process along with before and after photos later. It took me seven years before I finally decided to just do it. So many people discouraged me like painting brick is such a sin!! I am soooo glad I finally did it . I love it!!







Have a wonderful week everyone!!


Jen






6 comments:

Denise said...

I understand wanting to go back to Goodwill for the table! I have missed out on so many bargains from Goodwill, because I thought about them too long and when I went back they were gone.

WhisperWood Cottage said...

Enjoyed the post! The juice glasses are adorable!

~Beth~ said...

You have such wonderful style. I really enjoy reading your blog. Everything looks great!

Paint the brick....it looks really nice. Love it all!

Jenni said...

Hi Jen~
I love your chalkboard! It is so cute! :) Actually I love all of your decorating, if the truth be told! Oh, and I know what you mean about being glad you finally painted your fireplace brick! It makes such a difference, huh? Ours was red brick, old and really ugly, and I have never regretted painting it! I can't wait to see your mantel/fireplace makeover. :)
I hope your Monday was a good one!

Tracey said...

Hi Jen does everyone decorate for valentines day over there? Nobody does here...I think its a nice idea!
Love Tracey xxx

Cottage Lifestyle said...

Jen, I love your blog. Your banner is spectacular. Thanks for stopping by.

Renee