Sunday, January 18, 2009

Breakfast table and a spring tassel

$50 bought me this table and four chairs. I must say it was a pain in the butt to paint, especially when your as impatient as I am. I prefer more instant gratification....but after the many steps and the clear coat finish I think it turned out pretty nice.








I was concerned about the finish on the table top not holding up to the kids abuse, but I must say it really has. A few dings here and there, but that alway adds character in my eyes.





I loved the detail on the chair backs. I'm still on the look out for a pretty fabric to cover the seat cusions. Until then I used this cheap fabric I found at Wal-Mart as a quick fix. Speaking of Wal-mart, did you all here that they are closing all of their fabric departments?? I was very bummed about that. I buy alot of my ribbon by the yard and toile fabric there.




I'm thinking spring and posting a photo of a spring like tassel!!

Isn't this little birdie so sweet!! It's nesting atop fringes of blue and cream. If ya'll are interested in dressing up your space for spring, this cutie is $17 over at my etsy shop.


Stay warm!!

Jen

2 comments:

Tracey said...

Hi Jen, love the tassel and the new look on here! It's nice to have a re-do once in a while isn't it.
Love Tracey xxx

WhisperWood Cottage said...

Looks great!