Sunday, January 4, 2009

Old Wreath


I have had this old wreath for almost ten years now. I am not to crazy about artificial foliage and had grown very tired of it. It hung it in the office for a few years, where I wouldn't have to look at its ugliness to often. This year as I scoured the house for a Christmas wreath to hang on the front door, I decided to give this tired old wreath a makeover. She prettied up the front door at Christmas time! I added boxwoods, pine branches, a handful of artificial sprays and a single string of lights. She looked lovely!!




As I undressed the front porch of all the Christmas decorations, I decided Rather than hanging this old wreath back up in the dark dreary office, I'd give her one final makeover. The hubby was a little frightened to close his eyes last night, as this baby now hangs above our bed. Don't worry hubbs. The pretty little plate and cup are secured tightly with florists wire.

Who knows how long she'll hang above our bed, but for now I'm happy that she found a new home.

1 comment:

Ms. Tee said...

You did a great job "pretty-ing" up your wreath :) And how funny that your hubby thought it might be coming loose. Happy New Year to you!