Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Uneventful day here today. Of course it's still freezing!!! Below zero last night.







Hobby Lobby is having some great clearance sales!! I picked up this cute polka dot frame for a couple bucks. I added a sweet little photo of my Mom and Aunt.









This is what I do when I'm bored....putz around the house switching things up. The girls lamp shade was looking boring and plain so I added a ribbon.

I made these letters months ago and just decided to hang them in the kitchen. Hubby said the last thing we need is to be encouraged to eat. LOL...True, I am trying to whittle my muffin top as we are headed to where it's warm in just a few days. The kids are ever so excited and counting down the minutes. Stay tuned for vacation photos of the fam basking in the sun.
Take care everyone!

11 comments:

Ms. Tee said...

Love your little polka dot frame, very cute. :) Enjoy your time in the sun!

Tracey said...

Wow, lucky you, going away to warmth! I adore your home and all the ideas you have. Enjoy yourselves....
Love Tracey xxx

Unknown said...

Have FUN in the SUN! I just had to crack up about Hubby's comments.....agree that we don't need to be prompted to EAT but the sign sure is cute!

Maryjane-The Beehive Cottage said...

I love the EAT letters in your kitchen!!!!!

Michelle said...

Isn't it funny what we do when we get bored? My mother used to constantly rearrange the furniture. No wonder I'm such a lost child today. LOL! I LOVE your white chicken.

Denise said...

Doesn't Hobby Lobby have the best sales/clearance? If I may ask, where did you find the big letters for E A T?

English Cottage in Georgia said...

Jen, I really enjoyed your husband's comment about your E-A-T letters. That would sure apply to my situation concerning food.
Your house is beautiful, but will pray for it to sell. I would love to you fix your "new" old house.

WhisperWood Cottage said...

The EAT letters are charming! Enjoy your vacation!!!

Jenni said...

So of course I'm reading the next post down, and see more beautiful things you have done! I LOVE the ribbon on the lamp and the "EAT" letters in your kitchen. So funny what your husband said, too. :)

I am so excited for you that you get to go somewhere warm and sunny! I hope you have a wonderful trip! Stay safe and take care! :)
Blessings,
Jenni

decorator to the stars said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cottage Lifestyle said...

Hello Jen, love your blog. There is an award for you on my blog.

Renee
Cottage Lifestyle